Top Tech Titles
- Blockchain is seemingly forever on the cusp of mainstream adoption, but not for long. For those who have a broader perspective on the technology’s current capabilities and history, the idea that blockchain is anywhere close to reaching critical mass is laugha…
Retired Dogecoin CEO Elon Musk trolls Ethereum and its co-founder Vitalik Buterin
- Elon Musk has been trolling the Ethereum cryptocurrency and its co-founder Vitalik Buterin on Twitter. The Tesla founder simply tweeted the word “Ethereum” early this morning, but shortly later took it back (hehe). jk — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 30, 2019 In…
This AI-powered bot is learning how to tweet like Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin
- There’s a new form of artificial intelligence that mimics Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin with alarming accuracy. Vitalik Boterin is a bot powered by machine learning (ML). It regularly tweets unique nuggets of wisdom that read eerily similar to the real …
HTC will release a cheaper blockchain phone later this year
- HTC is dead serious about its foray into crypto-phones. Today, the Taiwanese company announced the Exodus 1s, a cheaper version of the Exodus flagship that was launched last year. We don't know much about the mid-range device beyond its price -- some...
Mystery Git ransomware appears to blank commits, demands Bitcoin to rescue code
- Sudden flurry of forum posts leaves a few clues Programmers say they've been hit by ransomware that seemingly wipes their Git repositories' commits and replaces them with a ransom note demanding Bitcoin.…
Bitcoin can turn back the clock to undo catastrophic hacks—but should it?
- Hackers stole 7,000 bitcoins from Binance this week. The exchange decided not to ask miners to undo the damage.
Bitcoin SV Scaling Test Network is open for business - CoinGeek
- The Bitcoin SV Scaling Test Network (STN) is now open for business. Enterprises and developers who want to test Bitcoin’s scaling limits for their applications and services are invited to use the STN, and contribute to the future of an unbounded Bitcoin block…
Password Reuse, Misconfiguration Blamed for Repository Compromises
- Armed with stolen credentials from another breach or from a misconfigured file, attackers delete developers' repositories on GitHub, Bitbucket, and GitLab, leaving behind ransom notes.
Rise of smaller rivals throws up fresh challenge to bitcoin
- Bitcoin now accounts for around 60 per cent of the $240 billion crypto market.
This Bitcoin Rival Just Doubled In Value--Here's Why
- Bitcoin rival bitcoin SV, which split from another bitcoin offshoot in a bitter civil war late last year, has suddenly leaped in value—jumping a little over 120% before falling back somewhat...
HTC Integrating Full Bitcoin Node Into Surprise New Smartphone
- In a surprise announcemen, HTC reveals it's next smartphone will be able to run a full bitcoin node.
Bitcoin Is Somehow Still Climbing
- Bitcoin, up a staggering 20% over the last 30 days, has continued its march higher this week despite a raft of problems for the world's biggest cryptocurrency...
Lil Pump Is Getting Into Bitcoin
- Lil Pump, a Colombian-American rapper named as one of Forbes' 30 Under 30 this year, is now accepting bitcoin as payment on his official merchandise store, via bitcoin's Lightning Network...
BitcoinXT Blasts Bitcoin Cash Governance, Abandons Upcoming Hard Fork
- By CCN.com: Bitcoin XT developers announced late yesterday that they would not be following the upcoming scheduled hard fork for Bitcoin Cash. In a somewhat lengthy post, the developers speak of their history as big block proponents and their participation in…
Pieter Wuille Unveils Two ‘Taproot’ Proposals For Upcoming Bitcoin Privacy Soft Fork
- Blockchain developer Pieter Wuille unveiled two Bitcoin Improvement Proposal (BIP) that offers new plans for bitcoin's possible next big upgrade.
Is This Cryptocurrency The Next Bitcoin?
- The bitcoin price has recently climbed back above the psychological $5,000 per bitcoin mark though some smaller cryptocurrencies have climbed far more with a few, including binance coin, rallying back to all-time highs set in late 2017...
Is This CEO The 'Mark Zuckerberg' Of Bitcoin And Crypto?
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are still finding their feet after exploding into the public consciousness throughout 2017, when the bitcoin price ballooned from under $1,000 at the beginning of the year to over $20,000 by December—before collapsing spectacularl…
Lightning Labs Launches Desktop App on Bitcoin Mainnet
- Lightning Labs has put out his first alpha release for its lightning desktop app for bitcoin's mainnet.
Down the Next Rabbit Hole - Exploring BIockchain's Second Layer
- Second layer come as a potential solution to blockchain's core issues.
This Key Part Of Bitcoin's History Is What Separates It From Competitors
- Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency that has proven itself resistant to social and political pressure to make changes from influential members of the network.